Website & Data Administrator:
The European Fertility Society C.I.C., 2 Lambseth Street, Eye, England, IP23 7AG
The basis for the processing of personal data:
In the case of consent to the processing of personal data for marketing and promotional purposes and/or the sending of commercial information of products and services by electronic and/or telephone (hereinafter: marketing consent), the legal basis for any such processing is art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
In the case of signing up for the Webinar (live event) or Online Patients Meeting (live event) or direct consultations with International Consultants or sending user’s enquiries directly to Clinics, the legal basis is art. 9(1)(a) GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.myivfanswers.com.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Website Administrator respects its users’ right to privacy. We take great pains to protect users’ personal data and make use of all appropriate technological solutions to prevent interference from third-parties. We would like every user using our services and visiting our websites to feel completely secure.
The Administrator applies the strictest of security measures to ensure the maximum protection of personal data when using the website www.myivfanswers.com.
The personal nature of the information provided means that we feel particularly obliged to comply with the strictest data protection standards. The securities we use are modelled on proven banking systems, which is why we use:
- secure data transmission using the HTTPS protocol
- data encryption using the SSL algorithm
- safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to the site
Users of the www.myivfanswers.com website are responsible for the secrecy and confidentiality of their data entered into the system. Because the system is available via the Internet, it is necessary to be aware of and to observe the following principles of safe use of the network:
- employing firewalls
- updating software to the most current versions
- installing antivirus programs
- employing automatic termination of sessions
HTTPS protocol and SSL algorithm
After entering the website, check if the HTTPS protocol appears in the browser’s toolbar. When connecting to a secure site, the address displayed in the browser should start with the letters https:// rather than http://. Also, pay attention to the browser window status bar at the bottom right corner of the screen. A closed padlock icon indicates secure encryption using the SSL algorithm and any information transmitted this way is encrypted using a secure SSL protocol.
Cookies and other similar technologies
Website Administrator place and is able to access information in the form of cookies and other similar technologies on the User’s device (e.g. computer, laptop, smartphone, etc.). Cookies are IT data, in particular, text files, which are stored on the Website User’s device. Cookies usually contain the domain name of the website they come from, the time they are stored on the user’s device and a unique number. Cookies are not used to identify the user. The Administrator’s website can place a cookie file in the User’s browser, if permitted. Importantly, the browser allows the website to access only those cookies placed by this website, not to files placed by other websites.
- service provision;
- customizing the content of the website to the User’s preferences and optimizing the User’s website experience; i.e. cookies allow the website to identify the User’s device and properly display information tailored to the User’s individual needs;
- creating statistics to help to understand how the services and applications are used, allowing improvements in their structure and content;
- targeting advertising – taking into account the User’s interests or place of residence and avoiding excessive repetition of advertisements;
- implementation of surveys – presenting surveys in a way that takes into account the interests of recipients and avoiding duplicate questionnaires.
Types of cookies that we use:
With regards to the lifetime of cookies and other similar technologies, we use two basic types:
- session – temporary files stored on the User’s device until log out, leaving the website or closing the web browser;
- permanent – stored in the User’s device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until deleted by the User.
With regards the purpose of cookies and other similar technologies, we use the following types:
- services and applications – enabling the use of our services, e.g. authentication cookies for services requiring authentication;
- files used to ensure security, e.g. those used to detect fraud during authentication
- performance – enabling the collection of information on the use of websites and applications;
- functional – storing settings selected by the User and personalizing the User’s interface, e.g. language or region, font size, appearance of the website and applications, etc;
- advertising – enabling delivery of advertising content tailored to Users’ interests;
- statistical – used for collecting statistical data regarding websites and applications.
Managing browser settings
In many cases, the software used for browsing websites allows for the storage of information in the form of cookies and other similar technologies by default, meaning that cookies can be stored on the User’s device and can be accessed by the website. The User can change their browser’s cookie settings to reject cookies at any time.
The User can manually manage cookies in their web browser, with options to:
- accept cookies, allowing the User to use all functionality offered by websites;
- manage cookie files from individual sites, as selected by the User;
- select the different types of cookies stored, e.g. permanent or session cookies, etc;
- block or delete cookies.
Where to find help?
Comprehensive information is available in the web browser’s settings.
The European Fertility Society C.I.C.
2 Lambseth Street, Eye, England, IP23 7AG